Tuesday, June 19, 2012

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, as those in the know would say. The goal is to write a 50k word novel during the month of November. That breaks down to just under 1700 words per day for those of you who must know the math. The intent is not to write the next best-seller, far from it. Writers are encouraged to write and continue writing even the most horrible and pointless novels, as long as they finish. That is the goal above all else, to finish.

Why do I bring this up in mid-June? Because I am throwing down the gauntlet! I guess, since nobody reads this blog, I am also picking up said gauntlet and slapping myself in the face with it. I have several stories in the works and I have been writing to sharpen my skills and to create good writing habits. My problem is finishing stories. I finish them in my head, i know how they all end, it just never makes it to the page. It's hard for me to admit that because I think I like to pretend I'm better at that than i really am. In any case, I am participating in NaNoWriMo this year and I WILL finish a novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment